The purpose of the Apple Tree Learning Academy is to provide a child care program that will benefit the child, the parent and the community.
- To provide a program and an environment that will support the growth of an individual.
- To provide a service to the families and children of the community.
- To offer educational experiences in language, cognition, social and emotional growth.
- To provide the children with a loving future.
- To provide opportunities for being with other children in a setting conductive to the development of wholesome social relationships.
- To provide opportunities for meaningful play that is based on the child’s individual needs, interests, handicaps, and abilities, and that will build important foundations for furure reading skills and other academic pursuits.
- To help meet the needs of the community for a childhood education facility.
- To contribute to the wholesome growth and development of the future citizens of the community.
- To provide a setting where people of various religious and ethnic backgrounds can work together for a common interest.
Apple Tree Learning Academy strives to help each child learn and use appropriate behavior. Positive reinforcement and timeouts are used to help modify children’s behavior. Effort will be made to enhance the child’s self-esteem, and teachers will try to help the child understand that certain behaviors are inappropriate. Time-out will be 1 minute per age, but will not exceed 5 minutes in total at any case.
Children are free from corporal or unusual punishment, infliction of pain, humiliation, intimidation, ridicule, coercion, threat, mental abuse, or other actions of a punitive nature, but not limited to: Interference with daily living functions, including eating, sleeping, or toileting, or withholding of shelter, clothing, medication or aid to physical function.